A Somber Day

Monday, September 11, 2006
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 4:44 AM

Tis a somber day for most people in America as our thoughts turn toward those that were lost from us on 9/11 due to a terrorist attack on our soil.

I browsed through many sites to bring a small amount of the poems, artwork, pictures...the beauty and the sorrow felt by many on this fateful day.



There are many tributes during this somber day, they are all beautiful and artistic:



Tuesday's Tears

I pause to remember 9/11 of this year;
tragic, heartbreaking, the multitudes so dear.
Horrified, I probed the deepest hollows of my soul;
"Oh God, " I cried out; unaware of the grevious toll.
I wept, I prayed, as never before;
I ached to reach out, to touch and much more.
I love each one gone, each one left behind;
beseeching the heavens, priorities redesigned.
"Precious child, I too, weep today.
Fall on your knees, my beloved, and pray.
My arms hold your loved ones, close to my breast.
America, cry out, I'll do the rest."


Tuesday's Tears



Even Superman was drawn to bear witness to the tragedy:




And Spiderman, in the comics, is a New Yorker:


It is time to remove your blinders, let your prejudices go. We are all AMERICANS who reside in the United States. Look closely at the above picture....I see many colors, many races...one America. Take pride in that!





In the end, I think this says it the best:

We Are One
As the soot and dirt and ash rained down,
We became one color.
As we carried each other down the stairs of the burning building,

We became one class.
As we lit candles of waiting and hope,

We became one generation.
As the firefighters and police officers fought their way into the inferno,

We became one gender.
As we fell to our knees in prayer for strength,

We became one faith.
As we whispered or shouted words of encouragement,

We spoke one language.
As we gave blood in lines a mile long,

We became one body.
As we mourned together the great loss,

We became one family.
As we cried tears of grief and loss,

We became one soul.
As we retell with pride of the sacrifice of heros,

We become one people.
We are One color, One class, One generation, One gender, One faith, One language, One body, One family, One soul, One People.

We are The Power of One.

We are United.

We are America.

Link

Whatever happened to that Unity?
At that time, we were one country, a country called America!
Now....I just don't know anymore. People seem to have forgotten.

It is a somber time of rememberance, but it is also a time to remember and to stoke the fire in our bellies. GET ANGRY!!
DO NOT LAYDOWN!! DO NOT GIVE UP!! DO NOT SURRENDER!! DO NOT FORGET!!!




Side Note:
While there are some out there that are so filled with hate for America that they seethe and spew their hatred at anyone who mentions 9/11, support for troops, or God..ect. I have seen first hand this hatred they spew onto blogs who support America and American Troops. It really is such a sad thing to see hatred eat at a person's soul like that, turning them ugly in so many ways.

As with many of my fellow bloggers, if I see such actions taking place here, I will personally edit each one of your hate-filled comments and make you say something you don't mean. If it gets too bad, I will completely edit your comments so that you become a joke.

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to mine, but I will not allow those of you who want to demean or belittle America on this somber day to voice hate.

If you hate - go somewhere else.
You are not welcome here.

I am a firm believer in God.
I LOVE AMERICA. I am a Patriotic American.
I have served in the Military.
That Flag that will fly at Half-Mast today will be saluted and is much more than just material you use to burn in your hatred.

I am many things, but most of all, I am an AMERICAN.

Damn straight I am.