Freshman Coed Letter to her Father

Monday, September 18, 2006
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 1:10 AM


Dear Dad:

I don't know what you have heard, but please don't worry -- I get the stitches out later today, and the doctor says the scars will heal fine. He was amazed that a person could jump out of a third-story window and have so few injuries. That was one of the hardest things I will ever have to do -- you know, choosing between a burning dorm, or jumping 30 feet onto a concrete sidewalk.

I can't wait for you to meet Paul. He's the one who nursed me back to health after my accident. It was really nice of him to let me share his apartment, with my dorm burning down and all. Now, don't get the wrong idea, Dad, we tried to get married. ...and as soon as Paul can pass his physical, we will get a license. It might take a little longer, though, because I think I caught what he had. It itches like crazy, but seems to be responding to medication.

Mom, do you know if penicillin can make a girl miss her period?

Dad, you and Mom are going to love Paul. He's so cute. As soon as he gets out of jail we're going to hitch down and see you guys...

Dad, have I got your attention? I know you will be relieved to know that the first part of this letter is total fabrication -- no fire, no scars, and no Paul. ...But I did get a "D" in Chemistry.

I guess it could be worse. Right?

Love ya, your daughter.


Scare tactics work right?

[chuckles ruefully]

Drama Queen better not get any ideas like that above....


Don't forget to visit my tenant, Beth at Ramblings of an Undisturbed Mind.
Show her some Love.....