Friday, September 22, 2006
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 7:59 PM
Just for giggles I thought I would write a few quick paragraphs for fun, on just whatever passed through my head at the time to see how well I could do.
She sat across from me on the blanket we spread across the misted, green grass. Her hair fluttered around her head like a halo, light mist glittering in each strand making her hair seemingly filled with sparkling diamonds.
The mist drifts up from the waterfall crashing into the pool ten feet below; the rumble of the constant rush of water as it crashes down to the pool fills our ears as we laugh with delight......
I was running out of air.
I could feel the air in my lungs yearning, no, more like burning for release, to flee from my chest wildly and to suck in a great lung-full of fresh air...
I dared not, could not, it would mean certain death by drowning if I allowed this burning need, so I clamped my lips together tightly, my chest hot with desire for breath as I struggled toward the surface.
It is so dark this deep that I can barely make out my hands in front of my face as I frantically struggle upward.
I can't... I don't know if I can...
Is that a light?
Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
My chest is screaming or is it myself screaming behind my tightly clamped lips? I don't know, but I know I won't last much longer.
Please God, let that be the surface....
"Where the hell is he?", I mutter to myself.
He was suppose to go in, grab a pack of smokes and be right back.
I stare at the small party store, grumbling at how long he is taking, when he bursts out of the door like the demons of Hell were on right on his tail.
He sees me staring slack-jawed at his exit from the store, and yells, "GO! GO! GO! WE NEED TO GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE NOW! MOOOOOVE IT!"
Not knowing what is going on, but knowing urgency when I hear it, my mind kicks into automatic as I shove the car in gear, tires smoking on the pavement, just as he dives into the backseat.
Tearing out of the parking lot and onto the road, I spare a moment to cast my gaze into the backseat where I see him sitting up and a sudden chill spreads up my spine as I say, "What did you do?"
He leans his head back resting it on back of the seat, slowly blowing out the smoke from the cigarette he just lit, and starts to laugh. He continues to stare at the ceiling of the car and chuckling saying, "Man, you should have seen your face when I came bursting out the door like that. What? You think I robbed the place or something?"
[laughter from the backseat]
"I just wanted to put some excitement into your life", he says as I grit my teeth.
"I bet your heart is beating a hundred times a minute right now, eh?", he says as he chuckles some more from the backseat.
I glare into the rearview mirror at him and say, "Remind me to beat you senseless when we stop next...."
Give or take 15 minutes, perhaps a bit more, cause I was dealing with the kids at the same time, is all it took to throw this together off the top of my head.
This was not pre-planned.
I decided to try and write from scratch, and just go with a idea or two here or there to write a little bit off the spur of the moment.
Hope you enjoyed.
As always, don't forget to visit my tenant, Beth at Ramblings of an Undisturbed Mind
. We all need readership.
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 3:43 PM
Ah humor, where have you gone...
It has been a trying day, starting even before waking up as I had a hard time trying to sleep. It must have been the midnight shift effect kicking in. Well from there it was downhill as soon as I woke up.
Frustrating to say the least.
I will try and find where I hid my funny bone and scratch up a few laughs, a giggle or two, maybe even a guffaw...and maybe a snort for those who snort while laughing (but don't want to admit it).
Speaking of scratching....Do you remember the old scratch and sniffs? I wonder where I can get some of them...I think the kids would LOVE them!
Funny things seen on T-shirts:
- (On the back of a passing motorcyclist) If You Can Read This, My Wife Fell Off.
- (Worn by a pregnant woman) A Man Did This To Me, Oprah.
- If You Want Breakfast In Bed, Sleep In The Kitchen.
- THE FOUR STAGES OF LIFE; 1) You believe in Santa Claus. 2) You don't believe in Santa Claus. 3) You become Santa Claus. 4) You start to look like Santa Claus.
- Everyone needs to believe in something. I believe in chocolate.
- Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
- Think nobody knows you're alive? Try missing a payment.
- And your cry baby whiny-butt opinion would be...?
- A.S.A.P. means Always Say A Prayer.
- Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
- I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me.
- All Men Are Animals. Some Just Make Better Pets.
- Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree.
- If you scratch your rear, don’t bite your fingernails.
- God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now, I am so far behind I will live forever.
- A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a workstation... I wonder if that means...?
- Germs attack people where they are weakest. This explains the number of head colds.
- The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it limits.
- I don't know what your problem is, but I bet it's hard to pronounce.
- I'll try being nicer if you will try being smarter.
Here is one just for Diana Joy
, she will appreciate this one:
One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed "God." So they picked one of their number to go and tell Him (God) that they were done with Him.
The selected scientist walked up to God and said: "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone humans, and do many other seemingly 'miraculous' things. So, why don't you just go and get lost. ...No offense, you understand. We just don't need you anymore."
God listened very patiently to the scientist, and after the scholar was finished talking, God said: "Very well, let's say we have a man-making contest." The scientist thought for a moment, then reluctantly agreed to the challenge. But we're going to do it just like I did back in the old days, with Adam," God added.
The scientist said, "Sure, we'll take a crack at it," and he bent down to scoop up some soil.
"O no," God commanded, as he motioned for the scientist to stop. "I'm afraid you're going to have to make your own dirt!"
As far as stupid questions go, these are the stupidest...
1. Why does your gynecologist leave the room when you undress?
2. If a person owns a piece of land, do they own it all the way down to the center of the earth?
3. Why can't woman put their mascara on with their mouth closed?
4. Why is it called alcoholics anonymous when the first thing you do is stand up and say, "hi, my name's Bob. I'm an alcoholic"?
5. If you mated a Bulldog with a Shitsu would you get a Bullshit?
6. Why are they called stairs inside but steps outside?
7. Why is there a light in the fridge but not in the freezer?
8. Why does mineral water that has trickled through mountains for centuries
have a use by date?
9. Why do toasters always have a setting on them which burns your toast to a
horrible crisp no one would eat?
10. Who was the first person to look at a cow and say "I think i'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?
11. What do people in China call their good plates?
12. If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?
13. Why does Goofy stand on two legs when Pluto remains on four? They're both dogs.
14. What do you call male ballerinas?
15. Can blind people see their dreams and do they dream?
16. If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesn't he buy his dinner?
17. Why is a person who handles money called a broker?
18. If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
19. If corn oil is made from corn and vegetable oil is made from vegetables. What is baby oil made from?
20. If a man is walking in a forest and no women is there to hear him is he still wrong?
21. Why is it that when someone tells you that there's billions of stars in the universe, you believe them. But if they tell you there's wet paint somewhere you have to touch it?
22. Did you ever notice that if you blow in a dogs face it goes mad, yet when you take him on a car ride he sticks his head straight out the window?
Ok, I hope this cracked a smile on your face.
Let's see if it makes my day any better.......
Don't forget to visit my tenant, Beth at Ramblings of an Undisturbed Mind
Monday, September 18, 2006
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 6:28 AM
I have been reading more of this, as there has been a nationwide theft of identity by a multi-part identity theft ring. They have caught several members with several THOUSAND fake driver's licenses and other documents related to the identity theft of thousands of Americans.
To check and see if your identity has been compromised, The National Motor Vehicle License Bureau
has set up a database of the confiscated Driver's Licenses and you can see if yours is in their database by clicking the link above.
Scary thought that this is happening, and how many people seemed to have had their identities compromised and stolen.
Mine wasn't in there, but I encourage you to check and make sure yours is not also. I will continue to check every couple of days to make sure that mine still has not been added.
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 1:10 AM
I don't know what you have heard, but please don't worry -- I get the stitches out later today, and the doctor says the scars will heal fine. He was amazed that a person could jump out of a third-story window and have so few injuries. That was one of the hardest things I will ever have to do -- you know, choosing between a burning dorm, or jumping 30 feet onto a concrete sidewalk.
I can't wait for you to meet Paul. He's the one who nursed me back to health after my accident. It was really nice of him to let me share his apartment, with my dorm burning down and all. Now, don't get the wrong idea, Dad, we tried to get married. ...and as soon as Paul can pass his physical, we will get a license. It might take a little longer, though, because I think I caught what he had. It itches like crazy, but seems to be responding to medication.
Mom, do you know if penicillin can make a girl miss her period?
Dad, you and Mom are going to love Paul. He's so cute. As soon as he gets out of jail we're going to hitch down and see you guys...
Dad, have I got your attention? I know you will be relieved to know that the first part of this letter is total fabrication -- no fire, no scars, and no Paul. ...But I did get a "D" in Chemistry.
I guess it could be worse. Right?
Love ya, your daughter.
Scare tactics work right?
Drama Queen better not get any ideas like that above....
Don't forget to visit my tenant, Beth at Ramblings of an Undisturbed Mind
Show her some Love.....
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 12:34 AM
- If you work too hard, there is never any time for her. If you don't work enough, you're a good-for-nothing bum.
- If you ask her to do something she doesn't enjoy, that's domination. If she asks you, it's a favor.
- If she has a boring repetitive job with low pay, it's exploitation. If you have a boring repetitive job with low pay, you should get off you butt and find something better.
- If you get a promotion ahead of her, it's favoritism. If she gets a promotion ahead of you, it's equal opportunity.
- If you mention how nice she looks, it's sexual harassment. If you keep quiet, it's male indifference.
- If you cry, you're a wimp. If you don't, you're insensitive.
We just can't win..... [chuckles]
For additonal humor and interesting take on things visit my newest tenant, Beth at Ramblings of an Undisturbed Mind
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 8:35 PM
I have chosen my newest tenant for purely selfish reasons...
She made me laugh.
I enjoy a good laugh. Not a quick smile or a smirk, but a "Oh God Please Stop Your Killing Me" Laugh. The ones where you have to hold your side because you laughed to hard, or your face hurts because of the constant smiling.
Perhaps I am laying it on a bit thick, BUT she indeed did make me laugh, and that counts.
My Newest Tenant to come by to Take a Sanity Break is...
Beth at Ramblings of an Undisturbed Mind
That in itself is part of the charm of why I picked her.
An Undisturbed Mind Taking a Sanity Break. Just something catchy in that.
Plus she make me laugh with posts like:
Plus more when you go to her sidebar, click on the HUMOR Category.....you won't regret it when you read funnies like:
And she poses an interesting question for women with:
- Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman With Cramps
If your curious as to who she is click on her site, and top right corner click "The ME List". I believe she may need Diana Joy
to visit her....since she states at the bottom of her description of her and her life, "I wonder how long this list could go before a shrink contacted me?"
I believe I may have to add her as a permanent addition to my blogroll. People who can make you smile and laugh are a rare thing.
Unfortunately there could only be one renter this week, and a frog at Pond Perspective
just wasn't kissed. Please try again and I will set out a fly or two for dinner and a nice wet lilypad to set you up on.
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 5:29 AM
I have been at work, pulling my normal 12 hour shift that runs all through the night.
Yes, while most of you are tucked away in sweet repose, dreaming and drooling, I am here at work.
Needless to say it can get pretty dang boring sitting here after I finish up with everything that I need to do and there is really only so much surfing you can do (mainly reading news stories) and while streaming music helps pass the time, it too gets a bit redundant, and so the mind turns to itself to ponder ......
I get to thinking about the things that seem to get under my skin and on my nerves while driving....1) The Drifter Driver.
People who "drift" back and forth while driving, what passes for a lane shift. Hey buddy, use the damn turn signal before I give you a signal of my own!2) The Blinker Driver.
People who don't know their turn signal has been on for the last 10 - 20 miles. Left hand turn signal while traveling in the fast lane next to the cement divider...can I so hope that you will make that turn?3) The Lawsuit Driver.
People who are driving next to me, behind me or in front of me and more than one of them in the car is wearing a neck brace! Y'all make me NERVOUS.4) The "I gotta go NOW" Driver.
Oh yeah, the person who suddenly needs to get on the off-ramp, and cuts across 3 lanes of traffic and about takes off my front bumper as I stand on my brakes, and they barely manage to keep from doing a header into the cement wall as they swerve on to that off-ramp. Where the hell you people learning to drive?!?!? I had that happen to me on the way to work tonight!5) The Cell Yapper Driver.
People in rush hour traffic more interested in talking on or dialing their stupid cell phones than the bumper they are suddenly riding up on.6) The Rubbernecking Gawker Driver.
Gawkers! Oh for the love of God, if there is an accident, you people are the ones that make it twice as bad by slowing down and almost stopping on a four lane highway so you can get your thrill and good look at the accident on the side of the road. Get a friggin life because you are making me late for work or making me that much slower in getting home to my family. What is even worse is when your slowing traffic down on the opposite side of the highway, where the accident isn't even at, just so you can peer over the cement divider to try and catch a glimpse of what is going on.7) The "Look Ma, No Hands" Driver.
Ok, this one I can't talk to much on, since I have been known to drive with my knees at times, but I am rather good at it. But if you are driving with your knees, and holding a bowl of cereal and pouring milk with your other hand and doing 70 MPH, your pushing it ok?8) The Brake Smasher Driver.
Yeah you know who you are. Those of you doing a nice clip of speed, get right up on someone who is slowing down or stopped, and slam on your breaks till the back end of your car practically jumps up in the air. I hate you with a passion, because of you I have had more coffee spilled and become a puddle at my feet. Damn you for making me waste my coffee.9) The Bathroom Driver.
Yes, I call them that because they are doing what they SHOULD have done at home in the bathroom, like shave or putting on makeup. If you don't have time to do it and you have to do those things on the go while driving, do us all a favor and set you dang clocks 5 - 10 minutes earlier so you can shave and put on makeup before getting behind the wheel.10) The "No Fear" Driver.
The SUV drivers from Hell in the winter time. Yes, those that think because they have an SUV that they are indestructable to ice and snow, so they go as fast as they would during the summer driving. Do you really think ice cares you have an SUV, because it is just as slick for and SUV than it is for a normal car. I can attest to that the time I hit some black ice and ended up across 8 lanes of road and into an empty hotel parking lot at 3am some time back. You hang on tight, and pray you don't hit anything until you stop spinning.11) The "Gangster" Driver.
Not really something that gets under my skin, but really, whats with the fake bullet holes that people put on their cars? Am I suppose to be impressed? Do they think people see that and say, wow, he must be a gangster? Do something useful and put some reading material on your bumper so I have something to read while I am stuck behind you waiting for the line of gawkers to move from the accident up ahead.12) The "Everyone Loves My Music" Driver.
People who put more in their radio systems than they do into their cars. I have seen some rust buckets, some real crappy cars that look like they should be scrapped, and they are "BOOM BOOM"ing away rattling and shaking the metal so it sounds like the car is going to shake apart. First of all, you are drawing attention to your crappy cars, not something you should be impressed with doing. Second, attach them firmly and add insulation to them so they don't rattle your entire car to pieces and Third, I don't want to hear the garbage. Why do you think it's your right to force your music on me and others? Do you think we will like it?13) The "I shouldn't be a Cop" Driver.
Cops who don't know what the rules of the road are. Yeah, this one was a big irritation. Driving out of downtown Detroit, and going through a FLASHING YELLOW intersection light this female cop had the audacity to use her LOUDSPEAKER, and start yelling that we needed to STOP at the flashing yellow light then proceed. Umm Hello, read your drivers manual lady. You do not stop at a flashing yellow, you stop at a flashing RED and then proceed, just like a normal stop sign, but with a fashing yellow, you slow down and proceed with caution. Irritating when even the cops don't know how to drive...then make an ass of themselves in the process with their loudspeaker broadcasting their ignorance.14) The "I can't do two things at once" Driver.
Cell phones earn an extra entry here, especially those who don't know how to talk and drive. I suppose you don't know how to chew gum and walk a straight line also, since your yapping away on your cell and weaving in and out of your lane like your drunk.15) The "You can't see me" Driver.
People who don't know their lights aren't on when it is pitch black out. It isn't super, secret, silent mode your driving in buddy, turn your friggin lights on.16) The "I'm Tired" Driver.
Ok, this isn't really an irritation yet, but what is with the reclining (almost laying down completely) in the drivers seat while driving? Afraid someone is going to see you and recognize you? Someone shooting at you? You a turtle and are afraid to come out of your shell?17) The "I need to be first" Driver.
Last but not least, the people who drive like a bat outta hell to get in front of me and then slow down to granny speed. Oh how many times I have dreamed of running you into the wall....
Well that wasn't so bad, killed an hour waiting for my next shift to arrive.
Till next time...see you on the road. (grins evilly)
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 8:11 PM
I have not been tagged with this, but to better understand some of my background, my beliefs, and my thoughts, I decided to put this together.
I thought about this and decided to put this together after reading Margie's Fabulous Four Post
at Do you have Issues?
I will not however be passing it along as a tag, though if those of you who stop by decide to do so, please give credit where credit is due.
Now onward......A) Four Jobs I have had in my life:
1. Soldier in the US Army
2. Head cook at Big Boy
3. Satellite Helpdesk Technician
4. Husband and DaddyB) Four Movies I could watch over and over again:
1. Harry Potter
3. Blazing Saddles
4. Bruce AlmightyC) Four websites you visit daily:
1. Sister Toldjah
2. WTF Comics
3. Cox & Forkum
4. MemeorandumD) Four places I would love to go to:
1. Disney World, FL
2. Niagra Falls, Ontario
3. Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico
4. Glacier National Park, MontanaE) Four things I would love to do:
1. White water rafting
4. Scuba DiveF) Four Books or Series of books I could read again:
1. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant - Stephen R. Donaldson
2. Calvin and Hobbes - Bill Watterson
3. Still thinking about this one
4. Still thinking about this oneG) Four music groups you listen to:
2. Men at Work
4. The Doobie BrothersH) Four of your Favorite Songs:
1. Sunset Grill - Don Henley
2. Turn it on again - Genesis
3. Linus and Lucy (Peanuts theme) - David Benoit
4. Breathe - Michelle BranchJ) Four of your Favorite Comedians:
1. Ron White
2. Bill Engvall
3. Rodney Carrington
3. Jeff FoxworthyK) Four things you would rather be doing right this second:
1. Heading home - I am at work
2. Canoing on a lake with the family
4. Having sex - oh c'mon, like you wouldn't?L) If you could have four wishes, what would they be?
1. To die before my children and my wife - it will rip me apart if they go before me.
2. My children grow up to be great adults.
3. My kids remember me as a good dad.
4. My wife will always love and be in love with me.M) If you won the Lotto, millions of dollars, what four things would you do first?
1. Move to Colorado, Tennessee, Montana or Wyoming. Anywhere there is mountains and country. Buy a nice but modest house.
2. Set up a trust fund for the children, and make sure their education is completely taken care of.
3. Pay off all my mothers bills, and my brother and sister, including houses and set them up so they can retire.
4. Retire from my job and open up a small cozy coffee shop.N) Name four of the happiest moments of your life:
1. When I married my wife and knew she was the only one for me.
2. When both my children were born.
3. Seeing my children walk for the first time.
4. If I win the lotto like above...lolO) Name four of the saddest moments of your life:
1. Burying my Father.
2. My mother getting out of an abusive marriage with my step-dad, and his son from another marriage killing himself afterwards because he couldn't deal with what I had to put up with for four years and feeling like because I left it was my fault.
3. When I thought I was going to lose my daughter during birth, she was a meconium baby and had the cord wrapped around her throat twice.
4. When I thought my son was going to have Down Syndrome and the so-called specialist was pressing my wife and me to think about aborting the pregnancy. My son is in excellent health by the way, the specialist was WRONG!P) If you could have a super power, what four would you pick and why?
1. Fly - because I love the wind in my hair, and rush hour traffic sucks.
2. Stop Time - there is just not enough time in the day for everything you want to get done.
3. Telepathy - cause there are just times when I wish I could read my wife and kid's minds.
4. Change Shape - cause it would freak my kids out to ride "daddy the pony"Q) This is not a pick four question, but if you could go back in time, would your change anything in your life?
I would leave notes of encouragement to myself during my darkest times.
I would change it so I could get down to see my dad before he died, and let him see my wife and his grandchildren for the first time. He never got to meet my wife, and never saw his grandchildren - especially the only grandson he has in the family, and it is still very hard for me to handle that to this day. My fathers death is a very low point with me still.
I would not change anything in my life, even the roughest times, that would change the direction of how my life went. Yes, I did say I wouldn't change even the worst of it, because even though I have had plenty of things I wish I would never have gone through or erase from my life, I will not change those because in doing so would make me a different person than I am today.
Changing my life so all the bad things went away would change me as a person, the directions I took, and could very well change the life I have now. It would mean I would not have gone through what I have to become who I am, to marry my loving wife and to have her bear me two wonderful children.
I would not change that - the pain and suffering I went through was worth it.
Sorry if the last was a bit of a downer.
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 3:35 PM
Yes, I realize this sounds a bit irrational and paranoid, but man does it ever feel like it lately.
Take last night for instance.....
I went out deposited a check later in the evening, and was driving on the highway toward Walmart. It was raining but nothing heavy, though it was off and on raining most of the day.
I was getting close to home when coming up and over a small overpass (goes over the roads crossing underneath), when I hit a puddle and it yanked me toward the barrier at an angle that would have put me over the side of the overpass and into the street below had I not been able to resume control.
I was going 50 on a 75MPH highway, in light rain.
Ok, heart is slowing down...
Five minutes later I am off the highway, and pulling into Walmart parking lot...
And some old guy in a boat, errr, I mean a grey car, looks to be a Cadillac (size of a boat), swings his car out 18 wheeler style, meaning he took a VERY wide turn ending up almost colliding with me head on as I am turning into the parking lot.
Some people should not be driving.
If you have a big car and you don't know how to drive it or turn that damn thing, get a smaller car or take the bus.
I get myself pulled into a parking space, and calm down to the point I don't want to get out and punch the guy in the nose.
I call my wife, and tell her I love her, just-in-case Life decides to get serious and take me all the way out!
I wanted her to hear that I love her....just-in-case...
Monday, September 11, 2006
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 4:44 AM
Tis a somber day for most people in America as our thoughts turn toward those that were lost from us on 9/11 due to a terrorist attack on our soil.
I browsed through many sites to bring a small amount of the poems, artwork, pictures...the beauty and the sorrow felt by many on this fateful day.
There are many tributes during this somber day, they are all beautiful and artistic:
I pause to remember 9/11 of this year;
tragic, heartbreaking, the multitudes so dear.
Horrified, I probed the deepest hollows of my soul;
"Oh God, " I cried out; unaware of the grevious toll.
I wept, I prayed, as never before;
I ached to reach out, to touch and much more.
I love each one gone, each one left behind;
beseeching the heavens, priorities redesigned.
"Precious child, I too, weep today.
Fall on your knees, my beloved, and pray.
My arms hold your loved ones, close to my breast.
America, cry out, I'll do the rest."
Even Superman was drawn to bear witness to the tragedy:
And Spiderman, in the comics, is a New Yorker:
It is time to remove your blinders, let your prejudices go. We are all AMERICANS who reside in the United States. Look closely at the above picture....I see many colors, many races...one America. Take pride in that!
In the end, I think this says it the best:
We Are One
As the soot and dirt and ash rained down,
We became one color.
As we carried each other down the stairs of the burning building,
We became one class.
As we lit candles of waiting and hope,
We became one generation.
As the firefighters and police officers fought their way into the inferno,
We became one gender.
As we fell to our knees in prayer for strength,
We became one faith.
As we whispered or shouted words of encouragement,
We spoke one language.
As we gave blood in lines a mile long,
We became one body.
As we mourned together the great loss,
We became one family.
As we cried tears of grief and loss,
We became one soul.
As we retell with pride of the sacrifice of heros,
We become one people.
We are One color, One class, One generation, One gender, One faith, One language, One body, One family, One soul, One People.
We are The Power of One.
We are United.
We are America.
Whatever happened to that Unity?
At that time, we were one country, a country called America!
Now....I just don't know anymore. People seem to have forgotten.
It is a somber time of rememberance, but it is also a time to remember and to stoke the fire in our bellies. GET ANGRY!!
DO NOT LAYDOWN!! DO NOT GIVE UP!! DO NOT SURRENDER!! DO NOT FORGET!!!Side Note:
While there are some out there that are so filled with hate for America that they seethe and spew their hatred at anyone who mentions 9/11, support for troops, or God..ect. I have seen first hand this hatred they spew onto blogs who support America and American Troops. It really is such a sad thing to see hatred eat at a person's soul like that, turning them ugly in so many ways.
As with many of my fellow bloggers, if I see such actions taking place here, I will personally edit each one of your hate-filled comments and make you say something you don't mean. If it gets too bad, I will completely edit your comments so that you become a joke.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to mine, but I will not allow those of you who want to demean or belittle America on this somber day to voice hate.
If you hate - go somewhere else.
You are not welcome here.
I am a firm believer in God.
I LOVE AMERICA. I am a Patriotic American.
I have served in the Military.
That Flag that will fly at Half-Mast today will be saluted and is much more than just material you use to burn in your hatred.
I am many things, but most of all, I am an AMERICAN.
Damn straight I am.
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Posted by Break from Sanity @ 2:58 AM
New Blog Design is completed.
Many thanks to Krome at Illdreams
I still have a few more things to check through, add and/or modify, so things are completely to my liking. It is 3am, so I am going to crash and delve back into it later tommorrow.
If you run into any problems, feel free to post in my comment section (located up on top of the post now), and I will address it as quickly as possible.
Thanks Krome, you do EXCELLENT